Build your own ball toss game and catch krill, just like a whale!
– plastic cup
– wiggle eyes
– colorful paper
– white paper
– large bead
1. Use scissors to poke a hole in the bottom of the cup.
2. Poke a three-foot long piece of string through the hole and tie it so it makes a loop around the cup.
3. Tie the bead to the long end of the string. (This will be your krill.)
4. Trace around the edge of the cup on white paper and cut it out. Then cut the circle in half and cut little strips into one half. (This will be your baleen.)
5. Cut a tail and fins from the colorful paper. Then tape the tail, fins, baleen, and wiggle eyes to the cup.
6. Hold the cup with the baleen facing up and swing the bead. Try to catch it in your whale’s mouth!